For Boys + Girls. The sizes are wide-ranging since the robe is loose. • 9 months – 18 months • 18 months – 3 Years • 3 Years – 4 Years +
• Long-sleeves or short-sleeves • Lined hood • Hoodless • Partial ties or Full tie
WHAT I LOVE
• My kids love their Beach Robes and are excited to get out of the pool and put them on. • The robe is fun to sew and so cute when it comes together. • It’s a great go-to sewing project for birthday gifts! • The Beach Robe is useful all year long. • The robe makes an excellent “dressing room” when changing clothes. With the robe on, my child holds the front open slightly and we discreetly pull off their swimsuit and slip on the undies and clothes. • And most of all... the robe comes with options: short sleeves, long sleeves. Give it a hood lining, or go hoodless! It’s a choose-you-own adventure kind of thing.
Great for all levels! Beginners and beyond.
FABRIC + SUPPLIES
• 1 to 2 large Beach/Bath towels (or 1 3/4 yards of terry cloth fabric). You can use normal terry cloth fabric but I find that the cutest terry cloth options are in the towel aisle of your local retail store. • 3 packages of 1/2 inch wide, double-fold bias tape (or about 7-8 yards of handmade bias tape) • Standard sewing machine. Serger is optional.
This PDF file contains: • Printable pattern pieces in the 3 sizes • Guide for preparation: printing, piecing together, cutting out • Clearly photographed instructions for sewing each look • Detailed info about sewing fabrics that have “nap,” such as terry cloth • Quick reference for at-a-glance sewing
Check out an alternate way to attach sleeves HERE.
DOWNLOAD + PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 29-page PDF pattern, but you do not need to print every page. There are 12 pages of actual pattern pieces. • After purchasing the pattern, you’ll receive a link to download your digital pattern. You will NOT be mailed a physical paper pattern. Please double-check your email address at checkout. • The file size is 2.1 MB. Please SAVE the document to your computer (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it. • Pages print to 8.5 x 11 inch paper • Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make robes from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. • Please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “Beach Robe pattern by MADE Everyday” and link to the MADE Everyday home page. • NO mass production please. • If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.