You can never have too many skirts. And this skirt can go anywhere!—to the party, to school, to work, to the beach.
It’s dainty, but flirty. It has pockets. YES! And though it’s a gathered skirt, it’s quite flattering on all body types.
VIDEOS + ADDITIONAL TUTORIALS:
- Watch a video for this pattern HERE.
- Make it without the front buttons HERE.
The Anywhere Skirt is a custom-fitted skirt for ALL ages and ALL sizes. It comes with a high or low waist and there are minimal gathers at the hips…so it lays beautifully on your body. And it’s made to fit your body dimensions perfectly! Instructions are easy to follow, with beautiful photos and illustrations, and a conversational tone that helps you feel like I’m right there next to you, joining in the sewing fun!
• You can watch a video for the Skirt Pockets here.
• You can make the skirt WITHOUT the front buttons in this tutorial here.
It’s all based on your exact waist measurement, with ratios and a few calculations…which means there are no pattern pieces (other than the pocket).
Each style has a fitted waistband and front plackets with button closures:
• Partially Gathered Skirt
• Full Skirt
• Skirt with a Sash
• Pockets for all styles
• Various Lengths: Mini Skirt • Midi Skirt • Maxi Skirt • Knee-length
Advanced Beginner – Intermediate. Because this pattern requires a bit of math/calculations, and the ability to sew buttonholes, I’ve labeled it Advanced Beginner. Of course I encourage anyone to push themselves and take on a challenge.
FABRIC and SUPPLIES
For each Skirt you need:
• 1 1/2 to 3 yards of fabric
• 5-10 buttons
• 1/2 yard of interfacing
Linen, Cottons (quilting weight, light-weight, medium-weight), Silk + Rayon
This PDF file contains:
• Guide for preparation
• Illustrated instructions for sewing each look
• Fabric types, detailed measuring instructions, buttonhole tips, etc.
• Quick reference ("cheat sheet") for at-a-glance sewing
DOWNLOAD AND PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 25-page PDF pattern, but only one page that's necessary to print (for the pocket pattern piece).
• After purchasing the pattern, you’ll receive a link to download your digital pattern. You will NOT be mailed a physical paper pattern. Please double-check your email address at checkout.
• The file size is 1 MB. Please SAVE the document to your computer (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it.
• Pages print to 8.5 x 11 inch paper
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make skirts from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed.
• Please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “Anywhere Skirt Pattern by MADE Everyday” and link to the MADE Everyday home page.
• NO mass production please.
• If you ever have someone manufacture items for you, you will need to create your own pattern.
TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM:
#anywhereskirtMADE + @made_everyday
Okay. Let’s sew!