***This is a digital download (PDF) pattern. You will not be mailed a physical paper pattern.***
How many times have you bought a tie for your dad, your husband, your son…for yourself?? They definitely make the perfect gift. AND they’re also super easy to make! Once you sew one, you’ll want to make them for every occasion. They’re that fun. And uncomplicated.
• Child TIE – age 3 to 7 43" long 2" wide (skinny tie) 2.5" wide (standard tie)
• Tween TIE – age 7 to 11 46" long 2" wide (skinny tie) 2.5" wide (standard tie)
• Adult TIE – age 11 and up 62" long 2.5" wide (skinny tie) 3.5" wide (standard tie)
• Classic • Skinny • Color blocked
Great for anyone, even if you’re just starting out with sewing. My goal was to keep the process as simple as possible, because the other necktie patterns that I’ve seen felt complicated… with extra steps, interfacing, and excessive hand sewing. You’ll be amazed at how quickly these ties come together! And how cool they look.
FABRIC and SUPPLIES
For each tie you need: • 1 yard of OUTER fabric • 1 yard of LINING fabric • small amount of twill tape or bias tape (optional)
This pattern is aimed at 100% quilting cotton because it’s an easy fabric to work with, gives your tie an everyday look, and comes in so many cool prints. But feel free to use beautiful silks, brocades, and whatever else catches your eye!
Most of the fabrics shown in this pattern are from the Boardwalk Delight collection, designed by Dana Willard (myself) for Art Gallery Fabrics. You can see all the details HERE.
This PDF file contains: • Printable pattern pieces in 3 sizes (each with the 3 different styles) • Guide for preparation: printing, piecing together, cutting out • Illustrated instructions for sewing each look
DOWNLOAD AND PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 26-page file, but you do not need to print every page. The pattern pieces themselves are on 19 pages. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size. • After purchasing the pattern, you’ll receive a link to download your digital pattern. You will NOT be mailed a physical paper pattern. Please double-check your email address at checkout. • The file size is 1.2 MB. Please SAVE the document to your computer (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it. • Pages print to 8.5 x 11 inch paper • Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make neckties from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. • Please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “Everyday Necktie pattern by MADE Everyday” and link to the MADE Everyday home page. • NO mass production please. • If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.