• A-line dress • A-line top • Swing dress • Swing top with peplum • Swing dress/top with front placket
WHAT I LOVE
• Each style can be made with or without sleeves • Make with a full or partial lining for beautiful insides • So much versatility for a full wardrobe of options • Great twirl factor!
Advanced beginner. Of course I encourage anyone to push themselves and take on a challenge. So if you’re a true beginner, don’t be scared off. You can always give it a shot! Or grab a sewing friend to coach you along the way. Sewing is always an adventure.
FABRIC + SUPPLIES
• Outer fabric • Lining fabric • Back button • 6 inches of elastic cord • small amount of piping (placket option only) • front buttons (placket option only)
For the outer fabric, quilting cotton, light- to medium-weight cotton, twill, corduroy, broadcloth, linen, etc. all work well. For the lining, you can use lightweight cotton, poly/cotton broadcloth, or lining-specfic material.
This PDF file contains: • Printable pattern pieces in all sizes/styles • Guide for preparation: printing, piecing together, cutting out • Cutting layouts • Clearly photographed and/or illustrated instructions for sewing each look • Detailed info about sewing techniques such as lining and hemming
DOWNLOAD + PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 46-page PDF pattern, but you do not need to print every page. There are 18 pages of actual pattern pieces. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each style. • After purchasing the pattern, you’ll receive a link to download your digital pattern. You will NOT be mailed a physical paper pattern. Please double-check your email address at checkout. • The file size is 3.6 MB. Please SAVE the document to your computer (rather than a mobile device) then you will always have it. • Pages print to 8.5 x 11 inch paper • Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• By purchasing this pattern, you are free to make items from the pattern and sell them in your small-scale shop, such as an Etsy shop, or for a local fundraising event. No production license is needed. • Please mention somewhere in your product listing that you used the “First Day Dress pattern by MADE Everyday” and link to the MADE Everyday home page. • NO mass production please. • If you ever have someone manufacture products or garments for you, you will need to create your own pattern.